The Gift That Lasts
Finding quality time in this busy day and age is a serious challenge, but it's important to take the time and focus on the present in the company of your loved ones. Mother's Day presents the perfect opportunity to be mindful and bond with mom. Mother's Day is a day dedicated to celebrating and showing gratitude to our mother's for their gift of unconditional love, and one of the best ways to show your gratitude is by spending quality time together. After all, many studies have shown that experiences are much more intrinsically fulfilling than material possessions, as the memories you make will last forever. In the end, our experiences are a bigger part of our lives.
Moving, breathing, and being mindful together is a fantastic way to strengthen your bond and make memories. This Mother's Day, encourage your mom to take care of herself, bring her into the studio for a mindful sweat session, followed by one of our favourite recipes that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. It will be the perfect gift for a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
It's toast without the toast!
Step 1) Slice sweet potato lengthwise – about a ¼ inch thick slices.
Step 2) Place sweet potato slices in the toaster on high - about 5 minutes.
Step 3) Get creative with your toppings… anything goes!
A Few Ideas:
- Tahini + Sesame Seeds + Goji Berries
- Fried Egg + Seas Salt + Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mashed Avocado + Sea Salt + Red Pepper Flakes
- Crunchy Almond Butter + Cacao Nibs
- Smoked Salmon
Personal Favourite: Herbed Ricotta and Walnuts
What you’ll need:
Step 1) Slice sweet potato lengthwise - about ¼ inch thick slices.
Step 3) Toast – about 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, mix all of the following ingredients together for the herbed ricotta:
- 1 and ½ Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- ¼ Tsp of sea salt
3) Place oven on high broil setting. Place a dollop of herbed ricotta on each slice of sweet potato. Place in the oven for 2 minutes, just until ricotta is melty and warm.
4) Add the chopped walnuts and dried cranberries. Finish with a drizzle of honey and enjoy!
- 1 cup of raw walnuts roasted and chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
Tip: This is a really great last minute appetizer, perfect for Mother's Day din!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you fantastic Mother's out there!